Friday, November 12, 2010

REVIEW: 10-Yard Fight


Game: 10-Yard Fight
Original Launch: October 1985
Relaunch: November 2010
Rating: 2 stars


Sometimes there are some games that come along,
These games aren't very fun or very strong,
They need to be reviewed; all of them do,
But we don't want to bore with the review,
So in an effort to help you tonight,
In iambic verse is how I'll write:

There are five difficulties in this game,
While they grow strong, your skill remains the same,
In order to advance to the next round,
A touchdown is the goal that must be found.

There is no point in attempting a pass,
The defense always intercepts your ass,
If they are even slightly in your way,
They pick the ball; they always make you pay.

Not only is he humping my face, he is also intercepting my pass.

There are occasions when they're kind of dumb,
Like on kickoffs or just a simple run,
Criss-cross the field, run backwards if you must,
They won't catch you; they will just eat your dust.

Pro tip: run all the way to the left, then block them all at once.

Though you can beat all of the other guys,
There is one thing you do that I despise:
It's like your cleats are filled with lead or stone,
You move so slow, it makes me have to groan.

Frustration is the theme of 10-Yard Fight,
It's rarely fun and doesn't get much right,
With so much wrong with it, it isn't whole,
I cannot wait till I play Tecmo Bowl.




Review in a Haiku
Diagonal lines:
Run in them, and you will score.
Computer is dumb.

5 comments:

  1. How does this get 5 stars? I'm thinking maybe 2.

    Also, early sports games were always the worst. Just wait until LJN's MLB and NFL games ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking. I think I was just in a good mood from writing the poem. I really didn't have very much fun with this game. I'm changing the rating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd give the poem more than 5 stars. Great idea! Maybe I'll write a Battletoads review as a dirty limerick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were much kinder than I was in my review. Great read! http://www.geekyclown.com/2010/10/money-wasted-on-this-horrible-game-1-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, sucky ass game if I ever saw one.

    But worth it for the poem review.

    ReplyDelete